Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Molly Reviews: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: The Scorpio RacesAuthor: Maggie StiefvaterPages: 409Publishing Company: Scholastic PressPublication Date: October 18, 2011ISBN: 05452290XSynopsis: It happens at the start of every November:the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition - the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.
Review: I thought that this book was amazing. It was so different from all the other books that are on shelves now. It was so interesting to read about water horses instead of vampires, werewolves, and mermaids for a change. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an abundance of novels about water horses in a few months. This book is definitely one of my favorites. It was so unique that I could not put it down. I just had to finish it. I'm sure I will be revisiting this one again and again. I never re-read books either so that should tell you something ;). I feel like when a book is really good, you can't explain why. That might just be me and I have issues but I guess I'll figure it out along the way. I loved every single part of this book and if you read it, I hope you do too!


Happy reading!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment