Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Barnes & Noble Haul!!!!

Hey y'all!!!
Sarah and I went to Barnes & Noble on Sunday and we had a great time! We spent a lot of time trying to figure out which books to get and which books to wait a bit on. I got four books and Sarah got two and we're both really excited about some of the books we got!!! Yayyyyyyy.

Molly:
Okay so I got four books: two classics and two YA. The classics were on the recommended reading list for summer so I figured I'd buy them because they were cheap and why not.


 Okay, the first book I picked up was Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I read the junior version of this book when I was little so I kinda know what happens but at the same time I really don't. It was on the suggested reading for our school list to go along with Beowulf and my mom told me to pick a couple up so I figured I'd get this one since it was cheap.
The second book I got was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I've actually been meaning to read this book for a while now and because it was on the summer reading list maybe I'll get around to it next month. I read the first page and I loved it so I can't wait to read more!!
The next book I decided to get was Lux: Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one is a bindup of the first two books in the Lux series. Sarah saw it on the shelves and somewhat forcefully told me to read it :D. I don't think I've ever read a book about aliens before and Sarah said that this one was fantastic. I'm excited to read it yayyyy.
The fourth and final book that I purchased on Sunday was Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I've heard that this book is absolutely fantastic! I'm SO excited to read it you have no idea. I've been really getting into fantasy lately and I can't wait to read this one :)))))))).

                              Sarah:
Molly put me to shame guys. I came only expecting to get one book but instead left with too. Neither one I was planning on buying. First, I got Splintered by A.G. Howard. I know very little about this book. I think it has to do with Alice in Wonderland...but I had seen this book on goodreads and it had good ratings so I got it. Woot! Secondly, I bought Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. I also knew little about this book but saw it mentioned once on booktube. It is about the major arcana from tarot cards and the apocalypse. I just finished it this morning and it was really really good. I'll probably head back to Barnes and Noble soon to get the sequel!

So that was our haul! We'll have more coming soon...definitely.

xoxo Sarah and Molly



No comments:

Post a Comment