Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Molly Reviews: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 400
Publishing Company: HarperCollins
Publication Date: February 28, 2012
ISBN: 978-0-06-197807-4
My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Synopsis: I’m pushing aside 
the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Review: Wow. I liked this one a lot more than I liked the first book. Pandemonium chronicles Lena's time in the wilds and also on a mission for the resistance. I thought Lauren Oliver did a wonderful job sorting the two out and building relationships and profiles for new characters.
I love the Invalids and I love Julian and I just think this book was beautifully written. Delirium was a good introduction for this book. If they were all combined into one volume, the pacing would be perfect and it would all make sense. The settings were described very well and I felt like I was actually in the book with characters. I can't wait to read Requiem and I hope it's just as good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment