Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Molly Reviews: The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp


Title: The Spectacular Now
Author: Tim Tharp
Pages: 294
Publishing Company: Ember
Publication Date: October 20, 2008
ISBN: 978-0-385-75430-9
My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Synopsis: So, my girlfriend, Cassidy, is threatening to kick me to the curb again, my best friend suddenly wants to put the brakes on our lives of fabulous fun, my mom and big sister are plotting a future in which I turn into an atomic vampire, and my dad, well, my dad is a big fat question mark that I’m not sure I want the answer to. 
Some people would let a senior year like this get them down. Not me. I’m Sutter Keely, master of the party. But don’t mistake a midnight philosopher like me for nothing more than a shallow party boy. Just ask Aimee, the new girl in my life. She saw the depth in the Sutterman from that first moment when she found me passed out on the front lawn. Okay, so she’s a social disaster, but that’s where I come in.
Yes, life is weird, but I embrace the weird. Let everyone else go marching off into their great shining futures if they want. Me, I’ve always been more than content to tip my whisky bottle and take a ride straight into the heart of the spectacular now
.


Review: This book....this book. Tim Tharp did an amazing job writing this book. I laughed, I cried, I threw it at a wall. He knew exactly how to manipulate the readers and he knew that he had to make the novel as realistic as possible. He definitely accomplished that. You really can't be angry about the way that the book ended because you know that that is probably what would have happened if this was real life. I'm still hopeing for a sequel even though I know there won't be one. The ending left things open ended letting the reader wonder. If you don't like that type of ending then don't read this book because you will be a very unhappy sunflower.
This books was beautifully written and had a good amount of character development and the settings were beautifully described. I truly felt like I was in the book. Tim Tharp, thank you for writing a book that was fun to read and had the most realistic ending I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment